Lex Family Science Night
February 25, 2020 6:30-8:00 PM
Science Night is a new event that we are hosting for the first time this year. The activities will be provided by the Children’s Discovery Museum and facilitated by parent volunteers at Lex.
Schedule: 5:00-5:45 PM Set Up
5:45-6:30 PM Volunteer Training
6:30-8:00 PM Event open to Families
8:00-8:30 PM Clean Up
The theme of the night is Amusement Park Science! Spins, drops, and twists of amusement parks have thrilled both kids and adults for ages. But, how often do we take the time to think about the science involved in the loop-de-loops of roller coasters, the vertical motion of the carousel, and the wackiness of Fun Houses? In this family science night theme, children and parents together will explore gravity as they create miniature roller coasters, experience the power of springs as they make their own pinball machines, and test their strength while learning about air and water power.
Benefits of Family Science Nights with Children's Discovery Museum
• Promotes inquiry-based science education
• Includes professional development in science for teachers
• Brings together families and teachers for a special evening event
• Encourages parents and children to learn together while participating in hands-on science activities
• Provides science curricula for teachers to use in the classroom